Welcome Fellow Traveler!

Each of us is on a journey through mortality, and our mission is to find peace within ourselves and within the people around us, in our immediate families and circles to the community as a whole.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Withstanding the Fiery Darts

I have to deal with some difficult individuals in my professional life. These toxic vampires delight in sucking the energy out of their colleague, as they rip their esteem to shreds. In preparation of recent events, I decided to enlist the power of God to help me withstand these vampire's attacks. On the morning of the first day, I opened my scriptures and landed on Psalms.

I came across these verses:

Psalms 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalms 27:14
Be of good courage and He shall strengthen thine heart.

I repeated these verses out loud and included them in my pleas to the Lord to be able to get through my job requirements unscathed.

I also remembered my favorite scriptural verses that helped me realign my perspective:

Psalms 56: 3-4
What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
In God I will praise His word, in Good I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

With God as my light and my armor I was able to get through the grueling schedule with smooth sailing and no vampire attacks!

I love the Book of Psalms. I find great peace and comfort from this beautiful book of scripture. When things seem impossible, God is there to make them possible.

No comments: