Welcome Fellow Traveler!

Each of us is on a journey through mortality, and our mission is to find peace within ourselves and within the people around us, in our immediate families and circles to the community as a whole.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Poem from 2003

I decided to type up the stack of poems, thoughts and essays I've collected over the years. This is a poem I wrote on November 30th, 2003.

Pick any random day on the calender.
It all goes by like such a blur.
Every day I try so hard,
yet I don't get very far.
Every day I try,
to figure out why.
Why do I get out of bed,
when it seems easier to wish for dead?
Night and day,I'm on my knees to pray
Just hoping that maybe I can hear what God is trying to say.
Sometimes, it's such a fight
to try to choose the right.
Life never changes,
apathy seems to be contagious.
Yet, somehow a silver of hope
bores through the most desperate rope.
Keep the faith,
even if it takes all ounce of strength.
Days and trials do have an end,
through hope in Christ, our eternal friend.
The Lord's blessings will rain upon you someday
so let come what may.
Don't quit, don't fail.
Your faith in Christ will prevail.