Welcome Fellow Traveler!

Each of us is on a journey through mortality, and our mission is to find peace within ourselves and within the people around us, in our immediate families and circles to the community as a whole.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Thoughts from a 2003 Sacrament Program

I have a lot of random notes and thoughts scattered on many pieces of paper. I found this sacrament program from September 2003 with random thoughts, not all my own, but ones that are still worth sharing, even 8 years! later.

What is truth? We need to acknowledge that God is there.

At Savers recently, there was a family standing in line in front of me buying board games. In our game of life, do we have all the pieces and instructions, or are we trying to make up our own rules as we go?

Is the road you're traveling on and the conduct you're displaying leading you to your God-given potential? Your life is carefully watched over. We need education both temporal and spiritual to meet our divine potential.(Not my thought, for some reason I think it was Henry B. Eyring).

Those who love Him (Jesus) will be most like him.- Ezra Taft Benson

Trials bring faith, the trial of all trials is not having any. Did Jesus have trials? He suffered all and overcame all. Are thou greater than He? Do we say "I don't need anyone's help, I can do it alone?"

The true test is not the accomplishment, but how you got there, and if you were humble to seek help from our Father. He knows the easier way than we do on our own. (not original quote)

Lastly, as I was trying to find out who said the quotes above, I found this from a fireside talk:

If you were to make no changes in the present course of your life, would you be happy with who you are and what you have become five years from now?

(Elder Donald L. Staheli Of the Seventy, CES Fireside for Young Adults,2 March 2003, http://lds.org/broadcast/ces030203/transcript/0,16038,395,00.html)

No comments: