Welcome Fellow Traveler!

Each of us is on a journey through mortality, and our mission is to find peace within ourselves and within the people around us, in our immediate families and circles to the community as a whole.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday Night

Much is said about what spirituality is, or what religion is. There are so many different opinions, explanations, and counter-arguments. What would I say about this subject? I am no deep theologian, but I would simply say that I know God lives. I know that Jesus Christ is our brother and Savior. To some this may be trite or cliche, but it is true. I think often about the deep emotional and physical pain and abuse I've endured in my life, and how I managed to be where I am at now. It is not by me alone, but by God's watchful care and Jesus' tender mercies. The spirit has reached through the hardened and decayed walls of my wooden heart, to witness to me, the truth of these things. God knows me and I can turn to Him in complete fidelity and trust. He is always there and never mocking. After all I can do, He is there to make the difference. Call it cliche, but how else can I explain how I feel? This is my truth that I have earned the right to call my own.

No comments: